Disabled Living welcome volunteers to be involved in many aspects of our work. As a charity, the support of volunteers is crucial to the development of our services. We value whatever time you can offer, from a couple of times a month to once or twice a year. We would be delighted to hear from people who can help with:
- Admin duties
- Our Kidz to Adultz exhibitions – volunteers local to the event venues are especially welcome
- Specific projects that are currently in development
Do you want to be involved in researching Disabled Living’s heritage?
Throughout 2017, Disabled Living will be celebrating 120 years of delivering services. It is anticipated there will be an opportunity for volunteers to be involved with researching the heritage of Disabled Living. This project will not just be about Disabled Living, but also the social history of Manchester, as Disabled Living were at the forefront of delivering a wide range of charitable services throughout Manchester, Cheshire and North Wales.
Did you know Disabled Living:
- Organised an annual Donkey Parade from 1897, until the outbreak of the war in 1939.
- Provided Christmas hampers for ‘crippled children’ from 1903, well into the 1950’s.
- Organised an annual Motor Ride to take disabled children on an outing.
- Built a Nursing Home in 1913, which later became the Children’s Orthopaedic Hospital
You don’t need any experience of being involved with history and heritage projects.
If you would like further information please contact Debra Evans, Chief Executive on 0161 607 8200 or email email@example.com