t: 0161 214 4590
e: info@disabledliving.co.uk
Monday - Friday 9.00am – 4.30pm

Occupational Therapy Assessments

What is an Occupational Therapist?

Contact Us Call 0161 214 4590

Occupational Therapy Assessment

An Occupational Therapist engages people in meaningful activities relevant to individual needs. This might be someone with a physical disability, learning disability or a mental health condition.

  • Helping somebody who has had a stroke to learn to cook again because they have left sided weakness.
  • Someone with mental health problems i:e agoraphobia, (fear of going out side). The occupational therapist may encourage a graded approach to encourage the service user to step outside.

An Occupational Therapist can identify the need for suitable equipment provision, minor or major adaptations, to increase independence and maintain safety within the home environment. Our aim is to enable people to live as independent as possible whether it may be in their own home, at work, schools or colleges. Sometimes we need help from the professionals to find solutions so that we can live our life as effectively as possible.

What type of Occupational Therapy Assessments do Disabled Living provide?

Disabled Living provide Occupational Therapy Assessments for:

  • Service Users
  • Local Authorities
  • Housing Associations Companies
  • Healthcare Professionals and many more

How do I book an OT Assessment

If you would like further information, or to book an appointment contact the team on 0161 214 4590 or email equipz@disabledliving.co.uk

Centre Assessments

If you require an Occupational Therapist assessment for bathing, seating, beds, walking aids, mobility aids, stair lifts, then you can come to the Disabled Living centre and have a free 1 hour basic assessment with an Occupational Therapist, as we have a range of equipment that you can try. We do not sell the equipment but we can sign post you to companies that you can buy the equipment from.

Home Assessments

If you are unable to get to the Disabled Living centre or have more complex needs then one of our Occupational Therapists can come to assess you within your home environment – for this service there is a fee per hour.

Housing Association

We also work closely with local Housing Associations and carry out Occupational Therapist assessments on their behalf, if a tenant is needing adaptations to either a new home or their existing property. The Housing Association would have to commission this assessment and they also own the report from that assessment.

A number of customers I have re-housed had specific mobility issues and required adaptations to their new home. I have always found the response time for assessments by Disabled Living to be quick and the service excellent with full reports provided detailing the clients requirements for moving forward.

Karen McLean – Project Officer, Salix Homes