Managing Challenging Behaviours
Managing Challenging Behaviour Training
Could you handle behaviour that challenges?
How about a difficult or aggressive person who was bordering on being violent?
In a safe and legal manner?
Would you know how to guarantee the safety of you and those around you?
- Identify Key Triggers that can cause conflict
- Learn how to de-escalate aggressive people
- Learn how to de-fuse volatile situations
- Proven step by step techniques for dealing with difficult circumstances
- A blueprint for dealing with potentially violent scene
▪ Give examples of communication breakdown
▪ Understand patterns of behaviours that may encounter during different interactions
▪ Explain the different warning and danger signs
▪ Give examples of impact factors
▪ Explain the use of “Reasonable Force” as it applies to conflict managing difficult behaviour
▪ Describe different methods for dealing with possible conflict situations
▪ Become more confident about dealing with violence and aggression by identifying types of behaviour and triggers to violent aggressive behaviour
▪ Know the Health and Safety issues regarding violence and aggression in the work place
▪ Recognise and understand how their own body language and methods of communication can affect others
▪ Realise that defusing and de-escalating situations are by far the best way of dealing with a potentially violent or aggressive situation
Presenter: Doug Melia,
Target Group: Healthcare Workers, Schools/ Colleges, Social Workers, Housing Officers, anyone who may be faced with Challenging Behaviour.
Cost: £750 plus VAT for up to 12 delegates.
The Managing Challenging Behaviour training course is a one day duration course and on completion all delegates receive a Certificate in Managing Challenging Behaviour accredited by Safer Handling Training and mapped to a BTEC Level 2 award certificate.
How to book:
Contact the training team on 0161-607-8200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org